The first grantee cohort for the Community Fund for Immigrant Wellness has been announced. To learn more, click here.
The Community Fund for Immigrant Wellness serves diverse immigrant communities in Southeastern Pennsylvania by providing financial support and capacity building to organizations which promote wellness. The Community Fund design alters the traditional process of philanthropic giving. In our approach, community-based, immigrant-serving organizations define the grantmaking strategy and disseminate grant dollars from a pooled fund. Ultimately, this process shifts the power dynamic in the funder-grantee relationship by asking service providers to not only inform a funding process but to actually drive it.
CRITERIA AND GRANT TIERS
- Serve immigrant populations in a community setting
- Promote wellness through integrative, holistic practices
- Be located within Southeastern PA including the following six counties: Berks, Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery, and Philadelphia
- Be from an organization which has either 501(c)(3) status or a fiscal agent
The Community Fund for Immigrant Wellness will be distributing grants in the following amounts:
- Tier One: Micro-Grants for $1,000 - $5,000 for building the capacity of the organization to deliver a wellness-related program. Examples of possible micro-grants include:
- Staff training and professional development
- New technologies or products
- General operating support to close a funding gap
- Tier Two: Programmatic Support for up to $30,000 to start a new program or expand an existing program.
- Tier Three: Support for Collaboration for up to $50,000 to start a new program or expand an existing program which relies on collaboration among two or more organizations/agencies.
Applicants may apply for multiple programs and in all three tiers. While applicants are eligible to receive funding for more than one of their programs and in multiple tiers, please note that the granting group will be taking a cohort approach to their selection process. This means that the granting group will consider the diversity of geographic location and population's served in addition to application quality.
GRANT APPLICATION(S) AND INFORMATION
The application period is now closed.
When you click the link, you will be asked to log in or create an account. Once you are in your Foundant account, you will tbe promped to select the tier for which you are applying. Each grant tier has a separate application so that organizations will be able to apply for multiple programs in all three tiers. For more information about the application process:
- Review the Application Requirements and FAQs
- Watch the RFP Release Webinar
- Contact Caitlin O'Brien, Special Projects Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Monday, February 12th, 2018: Community Fund for Immigrant Wellness RFP released
- Thursday, March 29th, 2018 at 5pm EST: Final deadline for submissions
- Monday, April 2nd, 2018 - Monday, May 21st, 2018: Granting group to review applications
- Please note you may receive questions about your application during this time
- Tuesday, May 29th, 2018: Grantees notified
- Tuesday, June 19th, 2018: Community Fund for Immigrant Wellness Grantee Cohort Kickoff Event
*The Community Fund for Immigrant Wellness reserves the right to change any of the above dates. All changes will be posted online.