HOW is innovation being defined?
Innovation: The process of translating an idea or discovery into a good or service that creates a new or different value improving the consumer/end user experience.
The innovations we seek challenge how behavioral health care is currently viewed, organized, and practiced through the creation of catalytic concepts, products, processes, services, and/or technologies.
GOALS OF THE Innovation AWARD:
- Reward innovation as defined by the community;
WHAT IS THE AWARD?
The winner receives the Scattergood Innovation Award and a $25,000 cash gift for their program. Finalists for the 2018 Scattergood Innovation Award will also have the opportunity to have their work be featured at the 2018 National Council for Behavioral Health Annual Conference in Washington, DC.
The Scattergood Foundation and National Council for Behavioral Health will also work to promote and share all finalists' work nationally. All submissions that meet the selection criteria will be posted online in the 2018 Innovation Award Database. Your work will receive attention from an ever-growing community of stakeholders through our open public review.
To view last year’s submissions, click here.
HOW IS THE WINNER SELECTED?
- The Foundation staff screen online submissions.
- The Foundation staff then posts the submissions that meet the selection criteria to a public gallery.
- The panel of experts chooses finalists.
- The public votes online to select the winner among the finalists.
WHAT are THE SELECTION CRITERIA?
- Creativity: The innovative program exhibits originality, ingenuity, and resourcefulness in addressing the specified issue area
- Leadership: The innovative program design and implementation provides direction that other organizations can emulate.
- Sustainability: Resources and support are available for sustaining the innovative program.
- Replication: The innovative program can be duplicated, transferred, or adapted by other institutions or organizations.
- Outcomes: Metrics are specified to assess the effectiveness of the innovative program.
For more information about the award, view our Frequently Asked Questions.
Please contact Caitlin O'Brien, Special Projects Manager, at email@example.com if you have additional comments or questions.