Have you made a significant impact in solving behavioral health problems in the community? Then nominate yourself (or someone you know) to receive the Thomas Scattergood Behavioral Health Foundation Innovation Award that comes with a $25,000 cash gift.
THE NOMINATION PERIOD is now closed!
HOW DOES THE SCATTERGOOD FOUNDATION DEFINE INNOVATION?
The innovations we seek challenge how behavioral healthcare is currently viewed, organized, and practiced through the creation of catalytic concepts, products, processes, services and/or technologies.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
Anyone living in the United States--Individuals, teams, or organizations--can self-nominate or nominate someone else. You do not need to be a behavioral health professional to apply, as we welcome submissions from all industries.
WHAT ARE SOME EXAMPLES OF ACCEPTABLE NOMINATIONS?
The Foundation hopes to capture a wide variety of innovations and submissions from across the behavioral health wellness spectrum. Take a look through last year’s nominations to see what type of innovations were submitted. A few examples are:
• An education campaign or tool promoting mental/behavioral wellness in a certain population.
• A project promoting resiliency in youth.
• Unique research on mental health, behavioral health, specific treatments, and other related topics.
• A tool or application that improves access, quality, or effectiveness of treatment.
WHAT IS THE AWARD?
The winner receives The Thomas Scattergood Behavioral Health Foundation Innovation Award and a $25,000 cash gift for their program. The top five finalists will be recognized and the Foundation will work to promote and share all finalists work nationally. All submissions which meet our selection criteria will be posted publicly on the website and archived on the website. Your work will receive attention from an ever-growing community of stakeholders through our open public review.
HOW DOES THE SUBMISSION PROCESS WORK?
We worked really hard to keep things simple with three easy steps. View the instructions, access the application, and download the user guide by clicking here.
HOW IS THE WINNER SELECTED?
Foundation staff screen online submissions. We then post submissions that meet all five selection criteria to our website. The public reviews and comments on submissions. The panel of experts chooses five finalists. The public votes online to select the winner among the five finalists.
WHAT IS THE SELECTION CRITERIA?
1. Creativity. Effort demonstrates originality, ingenuity and resourcefulness in promoting behavioral health.
2. Leadership. Describe the process by which the innovation influences others to accomplish goals and objectives that enhanced the field of behavioral health.
3. Sustainability. Resources are available to continue work.
4. Replication. Innovation has potential to be duplicated, transferred or adapted by others.
5. Outcomes. Metrics are specified to assess the effectiveness of the innovation.